It's been a ton of fun so far this week seeing students dress up in their "Spirit Week" Gear at the studio the week before Spring Break. All the teachers also LOVE seeing their June Show costumes for the first time in person, JUST AS MUCH as the students do!
Overhead: "Oh my goodness, it has glitter in it, excellent. I love glitter" "Right? It looks even better in real life"
- Ms. Lauren to Ms. Jess K about Ballet 1's beautiful baby blue tutus...
But, more than a few classes are left waiting. I just got off the phone with our costume company and without further adieu, here are the dates of our final arrivals:
Ballet 3: Remaining Costumes Tuesday 4/24
Ballet 4: Monday 4/16
Ballet 5: Wednesday 5/9
Move & Groove; Thursday 4/26
Hip-Hop 1: Thursday 4/26
Jazz 4: Wednesday 4/25
Modern 1/2: Thursday 4/26
Some costumes take longer than others to make, some are shipped from different distribution centers and some are more popular than others so the stock is low. All we know is we can't wait!
Other than our personalized Garment Bags on sale for $10: ORDER HERE
We're doing a NEW "Student Group Picture Week" and "In-Studio Dress" the week of
MAY 14 through May 18th
What To Expect:
· Dancer’s should arrive to their first class of the evening each night of the week DRESSED in their costume for that class. If dancer’s take multiple classes in 1 night, they should bring the costumes for their other classes in a hanging garment bag, clearly labelled.
· At the beginning of class – Teacher’s will “Pose” the class as a group for 1 Group Photo.
Parent’s are welcome to enter the classroom to snap a team photograph, in costume, of the group!
· The classes will do a “costume run” of their dances in the classroom in costume. This way, we’ll be able to assess any issues with headpieces, accessories, straps, sizes etc. 3 weeks prior to the show.
· We’ll make a list of any issues that may need to be fixed, adjusted for you so that parent’s can make sure it is taken care of prior to the performance (much better than overnight between Dress Rehearsal and Show Day!)
Dancers will be photographed in full costume with hair-style as close to show style as possible: clean, slick back buns or ponytails. Make-up is optional, but light make-up may be recommended. Due to time restrictions, we will only be able to allow parents into the classroom for one group photo per dance group. We welcome you to pose your student outside at home in costume for amazing pictures for free! Watch their creativity flow as they find dance poses from their dances.
**If you do not feel comfortable with your student’s photograph being taken in a group, please let us know ASAP so we can make sure to adjust. Most parents have filled out photo and video release waivers which allow us to to post and share as well! Be sure to TAG @musicinmotionva on Instagram and @musicinmotiondancestudio on Facebook.
Utilize our SNAPCHAT Filter for the week!
For copyright and child safety reasons, we do not allow any photographs to be taken during the show by anyone other than our contracted photographer/videographer. All parents must submit a photo release form on our website: www.musicinmotionva.com/forms