The Music In Motion Dance Company Performing Team
The Diamond Team
Ages 12 & up by invitation
The Diamond team consists of experienced dancers who love and are committed to the of art of dance. These dancers better themselves through hard-work and dedication and recognize the importance of community and charity both within the MIMDanceCo team and their neighborhood and schools.
Diamond Team Class Requirements:
- 3 hours minimum of Intermediate or Advanced level classes per week. You must take class in the styles of pieces in which you are cast.
- Weekly Saturday Team Technique class before rehearsals throughout company season
- Company Dancers in level 4/5 classes are required by Music In Motion Dance Studio to take Ballet classes at their level.
- 10 Hours of Summer Classes during our summer session.
Diamond Team Dues
*Dues are assessed through the Studio season September-June for 10 months and will be billed to tuition accounts. You also have the option to pay quarterly or in full in September. Dues range from $55-$85/month
Included in the Monthly Dues are:
- Company Season Rehearsal, Choreography & Technique Class (Saturdays & Summer Intensives)
- Entry fees for 2 competitions
- Show DVD & T-Shirt
- Costume for all dances
- 20 Tickets to the Winter concert
- Convention Fee
- A portion of theater & administrative expenses
All Diamond Team Families will have a fundraising goal of $300. We will provide many opportunities to earn this money towards your “personal bank” that we’ll be tracking and “depositing” money towards with a second optional car-wash, a gift card drive, a restaurant night, dance-a-thon and ad sales. Families also have the option of paying their fundraising off by the deadline of February 1st.
The Emerald Team
The Emerald Team Company is for dancers ages 8-12 who are excited about dance and want to explore the opportunity to work with new teachers and choreographers, meet new friends and perform on new stages. Dancers on the Emerald Team are ready to take on and learn the responsibility of dedication to a team and the personal commitment requested of them.
Emerald Team Requirements
- Take at least 1 class per week
- 1 additional 30-minute rehearsal during your weekly class schedule from September-March
- Saturday rehearsals are required in February, and possibly during Competition week.
- 1 Piece in the February Show
- 1 Local Competition
- 1 Nursing Home Performance
- Possibly 1 Parade
Emerald Fees: $40/month September - June, 10 Months
Included in this fee are:
- 1 Costume + 1 Company T-Shirt
- Show DVD
- Rehearsal class September – March as well as additional weekend times, Theater costs and competition fees.
Early drop out before the season ends will have a penalty charge of $150.
1 Time Fees for Emerald Team Not Included in Monthly Billing:
Company Jacket: ~$45-65
5 Tickets to Show: $50
Ads/Shout outs in Program: Start at $45
Participate in Company Car-wash Fundraiser
- All company members audition for pieces within the disciplines they take classes in.
- Emerald Team Members can be in 1 or 2 peices. Emerald Team Members may also be chosen for the Diamond Team production piece.
- Diamond Team members will likely be in 2-5 pieces in the show and may also understudy for additional roles.
- Members should expect 45 minutes a week of rehearsal per piece they are in on Saturdays + Company Class
Requirements: All rehearsals are mandatory, however, permission may be granted for family circumstances. Written approval for an absence must be obtained a minimum of one month prior to any absence. During the month of the show no absence will be excused. Sicknesses need to be called in as soon as possible and if possible, dancers should still come and observe rehearsal.
- Full company pieces will rehearse on Saturdays, September through February.
- Additional rehearsal times are built into the Fall schedule yearly.
- Competition team members will have 2 additional competitions in January-March that will require additional rehearsals mid-week.
- Emerald company pieces will generally rehearse weekdays before/after classes.
- In the month of the show, all company members need to be available Friday after school, Saturday, and Sunday. Rehearsals also might be scheduled on school holidays (not Thanksgiving or Christmas) prior to our show (such as teacher/staff . We will have rehearsal midweek before Christmas break begins.
Absences: Dancers must be in the studio warming up at least 15 minutes prior to their rehearsal call time. Please call your choreographer if running late. Three unexcused late arrivals may cause removal from piece. Any unexcused absence may cause removal from piece. All dancers must maintain 2-5 hours of technique class per week based on your level. If you do not make up missed classes 2 months in a row you may be removed from one of your pieces (severe sickness does not need to be made-up).
The large company show that will support a local charity will either be in January or February. Location and date will depend on fundraising, size of company, and Board approval. This show is mandatory for all dancers. Other performance opportunities will be released as soon as they are available and will include a nursing home and one other community performance. All company members will participate in one competition for the experience and those who would like to be apart of our competition team as a group piece or solo/duet/trio will also participate in up to 3 additional regional competitions. We will also look into a national competition this year (in Virginia Beach) for those available.
Solo/Duet/Trio Information HERE