Saturday May 19th, 2018
In-Studio Tech Rehearsal
Located at Music In Motion Dance Studio: 629 N. Lynnhaven Rd.
Matinee Showcase Students:
- Arrive by 8:45 am. Estimated finish time by 10:30 am.
Evening Showcase Students:
- Arrive by 10:15 am. Estimated finish time by 12 noon.
- ALL Students may call/text home to be picked up as soon as they are done dancing.
- NO Costumes are required.
- All students must bring all dance shoes (jazz, tap, sneakers, ballet) required.
- Be dressed to dance in dress-code attire such as leotards and tights for ballet or leggings and fitted tank tops for jazz/tap/modern. NO T-Shirts or baggy clothes.
- Hair should be in neat ponytails for jazz/tap/modern and buns are required for Ballet.
Our Studio SEAMSTRESS will be on call for all costume pinning/adjustments from
10 am until 1 pm
during in-studio tech day. We will post a list of prices at a later date.
Friday June 8th, 2018
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal
To take place at the Theater:
Hackney Theater Norfolk Collegiate
7336 Granby St.Norfolk, VA 23505
Blocking will begin at approximately 3 pm with High School students arriving first to the Theatre.
We do not estimate end times for Dress Rehearsal. ALL Students may call/text home to be picked up as soon as they are done dancing.
Parents are welcome to stay in the theatre to watch/wait during the dress rehearsal. Regular announcements will be made throughout the evening as to our progress.
A more detailed list of which classes/students are expected to arrive and at what time will be released in MAY.
We take both students AND Parents! 1 Free Ticket per shift.
Technical Rehearsal Ticket and Merchandise Sales (May 19th)
Dress Rehearsal Ticket & Merchandise Sales: 2 Shifts
Matinee Show Merchandise Sales + Info (recital T’s, DVD’s)
Evening Show Merchandise Sales + Info (recital T’s, DVD’s)
Matinee Door Ticket Sales
Evening Door Ticket Sales
Front of House Ticket Takers & Program Handing Out
Monday May 14 - Friday May 18th
We will be forgoing professional paid costume photography this year in favour of an official “Costume Week” in the studio. Costume week will take place at Music In Motion Dance Studio the week of
What To Expect:
- Dancer’s should arrive to their first class of the evening each night of the week DRESSED in their costume for that class. If dancer’s take multiple classes in 1 night, they should bring the costumes for their other classes in a hanging garment bag, clearly labelled.
- At the beginning of class – Teacher’s will “Pose” the class as a group for 1 Group Photo.
- Parent’s are welcome to enter the classroom to snap a team photograph, in costume, of the group!The classes will do a “costume run” of their dances in the classroom in costume. This way, we’ll be able to assess any issues with headpieces, accessories, straps, sizes etc. 3 weeks prior to the show.
- We’ll make a list of any issues that may need to be fixed, adjusted for you so that parent’s can make sure it is taken care of prior to the performance (much better than overnight between Dress Rehearsal and Show Day!)
Dancers will be photographed in full costume with hair-style as close to show style as possible: clean, slick back buns or ponytails.
Make-up is optional, but light make-up may be recommended. Due to time restrictions, we will only be able to allow parents into the classroom for one group photo per dance group. We welcome you to pose your student outside at home in costume for amazing pictures for free! Watch their creativity flow as they find dance poses from their dances.
Be sure to TAG @musicinmotionva on Instagram and @musicinmotiondancestudio on Facebook.
Utilize our SNAPCHAT Filter for the week!
**If you do not feel comfortable with your student’s photograph being taken in a group, please let us know ASAP so we can make sure to adjust. Most parents have filled out photo and video release waivers which allow us to to post and share as well!
For copyright and child safety reasons, we do not allow any photographs to be taken during the show by anyone other than our contracted photographer/videographer. All parents must submit a photo release form on our website: www.musicinmotionva.com/forms